Sunday, November 4, 2012

Where would you live?

If you could live anywhere where would it be? The city? The country? Someplace in between?

I definitely would not live in the city. I'm just not a city girl. There was a point in my life where I might have said I would live in the city, but I don't think I would have actually enjoyed it. It's not that I grew up in the country or anything (because I grew up not far from Washington, D.C.) and I certainly enjoy spending time in big cities, but I just enjoy the slow life of the country more than I enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city life.

I don't think I'd stay where I am...but at the same time, I do love it here. There's a cute little downtown area that actually has enough night life for those occasional bar nights out with friends. Life is just slower here. You don't have to be in a hurry unless you want to be. It's quite out here. I can see the stars at night. I can sit outside with my friends on any given night and just enjoy the evening without all the noise of the city. I feel safe here. It's not that I would probably feel safe in some city somewhere, and there is still crime here (we've actually had our car broken in to) but I just feel a safeness here. I know my neighbors and they're amazing people and there here for us when we need them. Like, right now we're expecting our first baby and they are all so wonderful. They're excited to come to the hospital when we have our baby; and to come over and help us out when we get home; and to make us and bring us food after we're home. And to just take care of us. Like friends. Because they are our friends. And we're here for them too. Whatever they need, we're here. Because we're their friends. And that's what I love most about where I live.

But honestly? I'd probably go somewhere that was more like paradise. Because if we're talking I could live anywhere that means I'm going in to a fantasy world and I FOR SURE live somewhere that never, ever, ever has snow. Or hurricanes. Or earthquakes. Or tornados. Or any kind of natural disaster. And it's always about 75 degrees outside with no humidity. And I get to spend all day at the beach with someone bringing me drinks and food all day long. It would just be the perfect place all day every day. That's where I would live. In a fantasy world haha. But hey, if you're dreaming you might as well dream big right?

So where would you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment