Monday, February 2, 2009

#79 Organize recipes into a binder

As in 1 place, not anywhere I can find a place for the new pile. I realize I don't cook much...at all... but one of my most favorite things is to tear recipes out of magazines or find them online. When I do get the urge to make a meal it usually takes me several hours to find the perfect recipe. Along the way, I pick up a few.

And none of them were organized in any form or fashion. I wish I had remembered to take a picture of them all....in their piles. Either way I had fun and I'm really glad I finally finished. My back was starting to hurt sitting on the floor for HOURS. Well, mostly hours because I would pop in a good movie (one from #86 definitely....not) and spend two hours pretty much watching a movie and kind of putting this book together.
Anyway, here it is...










So I started by organizing them all into their different types, desserts, breakfast, chicken, pork, soup, salad....the basics. Then I put them all into a 1 inch binder. And they didn't fit. So I got another 1 inch binder. And it was tight. Plus, I really had wanted them all in one place. So I really couldn't help myself but be displeased with the product. So I got a 2 1/2 inch binder and they all fit.

But I'm going to really have to curb my excitement when I pick out things like cabbage soup. I'm never going to make that. Did I throw that one out.....no. Just in case. But now they're all in one place. Do I know what they are? Nope. Do I really care? Nope. They're organized into one binder that fits so nicely on my already crowded bookshelf.

So there you have it. Aren't you just thrilled. I know I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment