Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday.

Another trend I’m going to start following on a (hopefully) regular basis. And eventually I’ll figure out how to link my blog back to Roots and Rings…but for now here’s the list –

1. Favorite way to travel (plane, train, automobile, etc.)

Car or Train. I don’t fly well. The whole thing about the airport, the stupid restrictions now…I’d rather just pack up the car or hop on a train to get where I’m going. It limits where we can go, but we aren’t big travelers anyway so it’s not such a big deal.

2. Where’s your favorite place to travel to that you’ve been to?

We loved Atlanta and would love to go back. When it isn’t blistering hot. Plus there were a lot of things we didn’t get to do. We also enjoy cruises, we’d take another one. Someplace warm and tropical. I’m not a huge beach go-er but I enjoy being in beachy places because that usually means warmth and I hate the cold!

3. Where’s the place that you want to go but have never been?

Europe. Anywhere in Europe. (and yeah, imagine that flight…) I’d also like to visit the mid-west. We’ve been to California once, but that’s my west coast experience. Also, I’d like to take a trip down Route 66. Fly to one end, rent a car, drive to the other and fly back. One day…

4. Do you deal with traffic well?

I quit a job because of the commute. It was retarded, highway all the way and total stop and go for no reason. Throw in an accident and walking is faster. I hate traffic. And stupid people. Combine the two. I get all full of road rage.

5. Ever had an emergency while traveling?

I personally have not. But my friend spiral fractured his leg one 4th of July weekend at the lake. Closest hospital like 30 minutes away. Thinking it was no big deal and he’d be casted up and sent home he didn’t bring anything with him to stay. He ended up needing surgery and a to stay a couple days in the hospital. It was a huge mess.

6. Do you have a passport? What countries have you been to?

I do have a passport. Not in my married name though…need to update that. I’ve been on several cruises with stops in Grand Caymans, Mexico (twice), Belize and Rotan Islands. Also to Canada.

7. Are you’ve light packer or do you pack everything but the kitchen sink?

Why not take the kitchen sink too? Yeah I’m that girl. Which is why air travel nowadays with their stupid baggage fees really keep me away from taking it. I’d rather throw it all in the car and have too much stuff than get somewhere far away and not have what I need. Totally took 2 suitcases on our honeymoon AND put stuff in my husbands bag. It’s a good thing he loves me haha.

8. Do you take the fastest route or the road less traveled?

I love road trips. I prefer the road less traveled if we’re not in a hurry, but if we have to be somewhere at a certain time we take the fastest route.

9. Do any activities on the road? (like road games, reading, sleeping, etc. )

It depends, if it’s daylight and there’s scenery I’ll snap a few (ton) pictures. We’ll play road games if we’re on the highway with enough signs to facilitate the alphabet game. I’ve been known to read, play on my iPhone, or with my DS. It all depends on how much time I’ll be in the car on what I pack for it.

10. Use a paper map or GPS?

Depends. We might print directions just in case, but we always use the GPS. There have been a few times where those printed directions came in quite handy because the address was too new for my GPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment