Thursday, November 8, 2012

Baby Shower

I realized I never wrote about my shower and I guess now is as good a time as any.


My mom offered almost as soon as I got pregnant to throw me a shower and she was so excited about it. She did a wonderful job with the shower and it was a wonderful day. Sydney and I were definitely showered with love and I think I opened gifts for nearly 2 hours.

My parents got me some really special gifts - aside from all of her nursery furniture. My mom kept "baby boxes" for both my brother and I when we were growing up and she saved all kinds of special things for us in them. She kept baby books for us, but it's also nice to have my box full of memories too. For my shower my mom gave me (and Sydney) the cutest box that she wrote an great little note in for me to use as Sydney's baby box. I can't wait to fill it up with all her special memories and one day share them with her.


My dad is pretty handy with a sewing machine and he made Sydney her baby blanket. It is the cutest thing ever and I just know it will be so special to her.



We had family come in from out of town and it was really great to see them as well as our other friends and family that were able to spend the day celebrating Sydney's life.


The Andersen girls. Mom, Judi, Me, Tracey. And soon to be Miss Sydney.



 The Byars side. Sue, Me, and Mary. My Dad's sisters.



These are basically my sisters - Katie and Laura. We've been friends since we were babies and they both were there to stand beside me on my wedding day. I couldn't imagine my life without them and I'm so glad Sydney will know them as her "Aunts"

No comments:

Post a Comment