Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

I don't know about you but I am SO glad that Election Day has come and gone. And no, it isn't because today is my due date. (though again, I'm hoping she's here already... but if she isn't I'm hoping she is very, very soon!) I'm so ready for those stupid commercials to be off the air. I don't care who approves the message - they're all annoying me at this point.

I don't really care for politics. Because honestly, no one is ever going to do exactly what I want them to do. No one can do exactly what they promise because that's just not how life works. I'd certainly like whoever gets elected to at least try to do what they promised us they would do because that's all we can hope for. But politics is politics and it isn't ever going to make everyone happy all the time. 

Obviously with my due date being today and not knowing if I'd have a newborn or if I'd be in labor or just too miserable to go out and stand in line I voted through the absentee ballot - but I voted. And I hope that you all vote too. And if you decided that your vote doesn't matter then you're less informed than I am. Every vote counts. Every vote needs to be heard. And since this is set up for the morning time there is still time for you to go out there and let your voice and your vote be heard. You might not get what you want, but if you don't you can at least complain about the other guy for the next 4 years. (not that that is actually a good reason to vote, but hey...whatever gets you out there I guess...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment