Monday, February 9, 2009

#53 - Pay off Credit Cards/Loan

I am VERY excited to announce that we have successfully PAID OFF one of our credit cards!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! I realize this is 1 out of 11, but still it is 1 less. I am beyond excited today. I was having a terrible day and around lunch time I figured I would re-visit my trusty excel spreadsheet that is tracking our debt and how fast (...or slow...) we're paying it off. We're due to receive a check from an insurance company to compensate me for an accident I was in (in 2007!!) so I wanted to see how many cards we could pay off with the money we're getting. Turns out that we can pay off 3 more whenever that check comes...which might not be till March, but I'm stoked anyway! Well, while I was doing that I noticed that one of our balances was low enough that instead of just paying part of it and then paying it off next month that I would go ahead and pay it off today! So I did!! It was a great feeling. I love it. I even did a little dance. Seriously, I did. This even makes me kind of want to do our taxes to see how much we'll get back to see how much more we can pay off....but I think I'll leave those for Steve :)

I do have more blog updates, but I'm at work and can't upload the awesome pictures for the blog entries (since they're home and all...) but I just wanted to share my excitement with you all :) YAY us!

1 comment:

  1. Yay to paying off the CC's! It is THE MOST LIBERATING feeling to be debt free! Slowly, but surely! :)

    Good for you for having a plan!!!

    ReplyDelete