Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oh my oh May

May was an extremely busy month like I said in my previous post about how I've been a terrible slacker. This post is basically going to be everything I did in May in the one post. No pictures. I know, boring but I'm sorry :(

#1 – Go on a date once a month

An old co-worker of mine gave Steve and I gift certificates to a little restaurant in Leesburg called Mama Lucci’s. We had them for a while and we finally decided to use them for our May Date. We weren’t exactly sure what we were getting ourselves in to, but we were just excited to go out to dinner on someone else! We go to this little place and it’s like an old hole in the wall type restaurant that has been there for quite some time. I can’t remember how long, but it’s a while. It’s a very quaint restaurant and the décor is very Italian, which is good since that’s the kind of food they advertise! We had calamari as an appetizer and it was delish! I enjoyed a calzone and Steve got a gyro platter and we were both very pleased with our meal. The calzone I had was WAY to big so I even got to take some home and have it for lunch the next day! Of course we both saved room for dessert and got an awesome cheesecake! The best part was the fact that we didn’t use all of our gift certificate so we’ll be going back again for more yummy food!

Happy Mother’s Day
I am surrounded by wonderful women in my life and I’m really grateful for everything that they do for me. I know that I wouldn’t be the person I am without their love and guidance.
For mother’s day we went down to my Aunt’s house and got to visit with my mom’s side of the family. It was great because we rarely ever see them and I got to visit with Nana (#8 – Visit Nana more frequently). We grilled out and chatted all day it was really nice. There was even ice cream cake. I’m not sure who’s idea it was, but we put the ice cream cake in the fridge to thaw a bit – like the directions said to – and yeah it melted. My cousin and I were getting it all ready to cut and serve and when we opened it and discovered it was half melted we couldn’t stop laughing. I tried to get Steve and my dad to deliver the melted mess and they both, practically in unison said “we’re not having any part of this.” So I sucked it up and took the melted blobs of “cake” to everyone and no one really seemed to notice. I did say it was a little melty but no one cared. Even though all of this Tracey and I couldn’t contain our laughter. For some reason it was hilarious to us both. Basically, you put us together and if we start laughing we just can’t stop.
All in all we had a really fun day but we did cut it short down there. We even made it home for dinner with Steve’s mom. We got to be with all our mom’s on mother’s day and it was really a wonderful day!

#12 – Meet with Photographer and Finish Wedding Album
ITS DONE!!!!! I love, love, love it. My photographer was so wonderful to work with before, during, and after our wedding. Seriously, it was like we’re her only client – even though I know we are most definitely not! It took me forever to get my butt in gear and let her know which pictures I wanted in our album, even though I picked them all pretty much right after we got our proofs last summer. I’m slow but I’m not sure why haha. So after going back and forth and making a few changes and then Kim added a page (for free!) that I loved we finally submitted it to the printer. I was THRILLED the day she emailed me and said the book was in her hands and it would shortly be in mine!! I could not wait. Could not. But had to. I patiently waited for my album to come and one day when I got home from work it was there!!! I immediately ripped open the box and Steve and I looked at it. We are both so in love with the album, it looks absolutely fabulous. I’m so excited that I have this wonderful album to remember my awesome wedding forever!! Big thanks to Kim Ullrich Photography!

New job.
I wanted to post a bit about my new job. I love it. Its FIVE miles from my home. Do you know what that means? It means FIFTEEN minutes in the car on a BAD day instead of 45 on a good day. That right there is enough to make me love this job forever. Its not the only reason though. The dress is casual – hello flip flops allllll summer! The people are AWESOME. One day I threw paperclips at my boss all day cause she was laughing at me and all it did was make her laugh harder. Its freaking awesome. The work is different in a sense that I am now selling a service instead of people like I have been for the last few years, but its contracting which makes it pretty much the same. I’m pretty confident that I’ll be here, loving every second of life, for a while.
Really, I just wanted to brag about my awesome new job!

#31 – Learn CPR
A bonus to the new job, I got to learn CPR. I am currently CPR, First Aid, and OSHA certified. Those are BORING little classes but I’m glad I got all those. Especially the CPR because it was on my list (which I forgot about until I got certified lol). I even got my own mask with a cool little bag so that I don’t have to do CPR on someone’s nasty mouth. And yeah, I’m worried about things like that.

#36 – Try a new food once a month
This month I tried 2. First, Tofu which is nasty. I went out to lunch with my boss and we had sushi and as an appetizer this place brings out a little piece of tofu with some sauce. It looked ok and I figured well I’ll be adventurous and give it a go. Plus, she was eating it so I figured if she was eating it and did not die then I’d probably be ok. I was wrong. I about gagged and spit that sucker right back there on that table. I am not lying. As it turns out, I do not like tofu. I’m not really surprised but at least now I can say for sure that its gross and I’m not eating it.

The second new thing I tried was pecan pie. Yes, seriously I’ve never had it. I mean I like pecans and I like pie so it’s pretty curious as to why I’ve never eaten it. I am in love. In love with pecan pie. I can’t believe that I’ve missed out on its delicious goodness all these years. I have a feeling I’ll be making up for it though and I’m actually going to (eventually) try and make it because I like to make desserts and that is awesome.

#45 – Read 5 classic novels from Time’s All Time 100 Novel’s List that I haven’t read

I finally finished The Great Gatsby. It wasn’t a terribly long book and it wasn’t a terrible book but it seems like it took me FOREVER to get through I think it was mostly because there were a lot of nights that I either worked late or was up way past my bed time so I didn’t bother to read before going to sleep. I mean don’t get me wrong, I did enjoy the book but I think it took me like a month to read such a tiny book. I was quite surprised by the ending, but I won’t spoil it here for those of you that might not have read it.

#86 - Watch 10 of AFIs top 100 movies that I haven’t seen

This month I watched 2 very good movies. I watched Schindler’s List and Bonnie and Clyde. Both excellent movies.

Bonnie and Clyde was a fantastic movie. They really make being bank robbers look cool. Although, I’m sad with the way the movie ended – but again, no spoilers for those of you that watched it. For one, I did NOT like what’s her face – Clyde’s brother’s wife. She was awfully annoying and that voice of hers. So shrill and obnoxious. I wish the movie ended differently for her than it did. I do want to say that I was very mad at that guy’s father. I pretty much yelled at the TV when they were stopping. Either way, awesome movie.

Schindler’s List was such a great portrayal of the life and hardships of the Jewish people affected by Hitler and the Holocaust. It was really sad, but really enlightening. I’m really glad I watched it. I really enjoyed the ending when the survivors and the families were passing by his grave and putting their rocks on it. I would have thought that was weird (the rocks) if I wasn’t married to a Jewish boy. Its rather neat really, they leave rocks instead of flowers because flowers die and then there is always something there to show that someone has been there to visit.

And May held some big FAILs. Like, I didn't make a meal, Steve and I didn't take a good picture of us, I didn't play the lotto, and I didn't clean out my car (2nd month now!). I'm hoping June will be better but it is already just as busy as May (yikes!). I will be making more time for my blog though because I really enjoy sharing all of my experiences with you guys and I hope you enjoy them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment