Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget.


September 11, 2001.

I don't think I could ever forget that day. It was awful. Thankfully, I don't know anyone personally that died that day but it doesn't make the day any more real.

They played the images on television for a week. When they took the images off the television it was weird to have regular tv back. I remember being glued to the tv that day and for many days that followed. Watching. Listening. Crying. What a horrible thing. To see it over and over again did not make it any less horrible. I lived right down the street from Dulles Airport. And to hear silence in the skys. Weird. When I heard the planes in the skys again? Also weird. I stopped in my tracks. I wasn't expecting that noise to fill the air again after what seemed like a really long time.

9 years later. It is a day that our nation will remember forever. It is a day that our children will probably learn about in school. Like I asked my parents where they were when Kennedy was assassinated. Or my grandparents about Pearl Harbor. I will tell my children about where I was on September 11, 2001.

Never forget those that lost their lives. Never forget those that gave their lives to be heros. To try to save as many people as they could. Never forget those that have been fighting for our freedom since this tragedy. Never forget those that have lost their lives fighting for our freedoms. Never forget.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment