Monday, November 29, 2010

30 Days About Me: Day 20 — A hobby of yours

Scrapbooking. I love scrapbooking. I take a TON of pictures. Of everything. Events, people, things, places, anything I can get a picture of I’ll probably take. And eventually I’ll turn those photos into a scrapbook. Either a themed book (like our wedding or our honeymoon) or just a random life as I live it book. Which I have been seriously slacking on lately. I have a lot of pictures that need to get in to a book. I just need to buckle down and do it. And usually the winter is that time for me. Because all I want to do is be inside where it is warm instead of outside where it is freezing! I have a collection of books dating all the way back to high school and it’s really fun to look back at them and lose myself in those memories. I enjoy scrapbooking because it gives life to your photos. Instead of just sticking them into some album scrapbooking allows you to tell a story of whatever is happening in the moment. To showcase something important or special. To bring it to life on a decorated page. To make it something less than boring.

And it also prevents my kids (or grandkids) from opening a trunk full of photos and asking themselves who are these people and what in the world is happening here?! I looked through some pictures of my grandmothers after she had passed and I had all these questions that will never have an answer to. It’s sad that those memories are lost with her and honestly I hope that my memories aren’t lost when I go but are savored in my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment