Tuesday, November 9, 2010

30 Days About Me: Day 7 — A photograph of the town you live in.


Ah Winchester. I was so afraid to move to you for simple fear of the unknown. I didn't know what was here. I didn't know anyone that lived here. I didn't really know anything about this place. But now? I love you dearly. I love the slow pace. I love that it’s fairly simple to get around which is really a benefit for the directionally challenged like myself.

I love the “old town” walking mall. Though I’ve only really been once. And everything closes early on Sunday. But still.



I love that it’s so quaint around here. And quiet. My how it is quiet. I love sitting outside at night in the peace and quiet and looking at the stars. Because it is dark enough here to really see and enjoy the stars.

I love Apple Blossom Festival in the spring.



I love the random, giant, sometimes painted apples that appear on random street corners.



I love that I can still get into the city (and by city I do mean DC) with relative ease, and yet I am still far enough away not to have to deal with the hassles.

I love driving over that mountain every day to get to you. The views. OH THE VIEWS. It is SO pretty here. I love driving on that windy back road with the one lane bridge because it is so pretty. And there’s a peacock. And some goats. And I believe I saw a horse once. For real. I’m in the country. And I love it.


Winchester, for years I’ve always thought of you as this far away tiny town with nothing to give me. Now you are my home. And I’m so happy to have found you.

No comments:

Post a Comment