Monday, November 8, 2010

30 Days About Me: Day 6 — A habit that you wish you didn’t have

I wish I had never started picking at/biting the skin around my fingernails. NOT biting my fingernails. I don’t do that. I bite the skin. Or pick at it. It’s an awful habit. It’s a nervous habit. BUT I CAN NOT STOP!! I have tried in the past, and it’s on my 101 list for me to stop, but I have little faith I’ll actually be able to stop. Because how can you stop something that you do without even realizing it? I’ve tried giving myself manicures, but that doesn’t work because I don’t bite my nails. I guess I could try that nail biting stuff but just apply it to my skin. We’ll see. It really is something I want to stop doing. So for real if you ever see me doing it go ahead and slap my hand.

And I think it’s genetic. My mom does it – especially while she’s at stop lights and she doesn’t even realize it. And my brother does it. But he chews at his fingertips too and I’m not so sure why he takes it so far. But really, I think the only one of us that doesn’t do this is my dad. Guess we got it from mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment