Friday, November 5, 2010

30 Days About Me: Day 5 – Your Favorite Quote.

If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it.

I’m not the most religious person in the world. I was raised Catholic and in the church. I’ve not be the most consistent church go-er over the last several years, but that doesn’t change my belief in God. And I firmly believe that if God brings something, someone, or some situation into your life there is a reason. And He will never bring you to something that is too much for you to handle and ultimately He will bring you through it.

For me? This was reaffirmed when my brother was arrested. I thought my life was ending. My world was crumbling. What was I going to do? How was I going to get through 6 1/2 years with my brother behind bars. I didn’t know. I didn’t know I had the strength to be my brother’s strength as he suffered (suffers) through some of the worst years of his (and our) life. We’ve always been close, but this has made us closer. I’m not going to lie, I’d rather not have had to go through this experience and I’ll be glad if I never have to ever again. But, we have learned more about ourselves and what we are capable of going through. In a way? This has been a learning experience and I hope that we can create something positive out of this, but if the only thing we get it through this much closer than before I’m ok with that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment