Thursday, November 11, 2010

30 Days About Me: Day 9 — A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?

Last year. November 2009.



This year. October 2010.


So one obvious difference? My hair. Last year long and curly. This year short and straight. I've done a lot of changing in the last few months. First new hair do. I love my perm, but I wanted a change. Then I got new glasses (though they are not featured in this picture of me). Funny thing though. That jacket. I had it for my this year picture, but it wasn't really cool so I wasn't wearing it but it was in the car. I tried to find one of me wearing it but they weren't all that great.

One thing I just noticed. My hands. They're pretty much the same. I never noticed I did that. I didn't realize I made little fists when I'm taking pictures by myself. I'm going to have to go back through some pictures to see if it really is a trend ha.

How have I changed in the last year? Well. Aside from physical. I guess I have changed a lot. Steve and I bought our house and moved to Winchester. I struggled with that decision, but in the end I think it was the best thing for us (and me). I learned a lot about friendship. And family. I got some help - therapy - finally. About my brother. I learned a lot about myself and I opened up with him in a way I was afraid to do before. I have struggled with work environment and contemplated changing jobs, but stuck it out and am really happy with that decision. We got to go to Georgia for baseball which was the highlight of my summer. And there I finally got to sit down with some women I've been talking to for years on the computer. We've made awesome connections with our neighbors and I'm so glad to have them in our lives. I've found a love for cooking that I never thought I'd have. I'm finally really and truly happy again. And I think you can really tell in the pictures. Yes, last year I was smiling because that's what I always do for pictures. But this year's picture I really look happy. Because I really am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment