Thursday, December 30, 2010

Impromptu dates are much nicer than planned ones.

I got some money for my birthday and so at the beginning of December Steve took me out shopping. He really only came because I wanted to buy a new desk, and I knew it would be heavy, and I knew I’d need him to lift it. So being the wonderful husband that he is he comes with. I ran him all over the place spending up all my gift cards. It was great. Mostly because I wasn’t spending any of our actual money and I was getting to do some shopping for myself for the first time in a really long time.

About half-way through our trip we both were feeling a little hungry. I was figuring on heading home early to grab some food and finishing up the rest later, but then I remembered another gift card I’d gotten for my birthday. Panera. YUM! And there’s one in Winchester. So we headed over there to have a nice dinner out. For the first time in a really long time. Even though it wasn’t anything fancy it was still really nice. Part of that had something to do with the fact that we hadn’t planned on eating out and we definitely weren’t dressed for any kind of “date.” But either way, we were enjoying each other’s company. Someone else had cooked and would clean up after us. And, like my shopping adventure, it didn’t cost us anything!

We recently decided that we’d be taking more date nights. Nothing spectacular. More than likely just a night out to dinner at least once a month. I’m really hoping that this is the month Steve actually takes me to the movie that he’s been promising me he would “for my birthday.” Especially since we have this really cool movie theater by us that is a combo restaurant/theater so that will be really cool. But I have a feeling if he takes me to this movie I’m going to have to sit through one of the crappy action packed movies he picks. And I hate those movies. So maybe we’ll scratch the movie in favor of anything else haha.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a cool theatre like that near me. And I always love hitting Panera after a day of shopping. Those cinnamon crunch bagels make everything better.

    ReplyDelete