Friday, January 14, 2011

Stuffed Peppers

This is one of 2 meals that I will be posting about this month. I'm really proud of myself this week because with the exception of 1 day I have cooked a good meal every day (and that one day was because I was going to make these but the peppers we had were not good and so we had Chipotle instead.)

I've been trying to find simple, but good recipes that I can make after work. I get home at 5, but I like to relax a little bit before I have to cook, but we don't want to eat super late either. I am also trying to make things that don't yield a whole lot of leftovers because Steve doesn't really eat them (unless it is Chinese. then there are not enough leftovers.) and I will take them to lunch, but if I'm making something with leftovers every day that's more than I need for 4 lunches each week.

Anyway, so I found this recipe for stuffed peppers. I can't remember where though, I never wrote that down, but it was 2 servings which was perfect for us since we're only 2 people :)


Prep Time:
15 Min
Cook Time:
25 Min
Ready In:
40 Min

Yield 2 servings

Ingredients


* 2 large green peppers
* 1/2 pound ground beef
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
* 1 cup cooked rice
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper


Directions


1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Place peppers in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water; invert on paper towels.


2. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 cup tomato sauce, rice, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Spoon into peppers.


3. Place in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining tomato sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender.

They were really good. I have used another stuffed pepper recipe in the past, and that one is like old news now because this is going to be my go to recipe for these babies. Try them. Enjoy them. And let me know if you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment