Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pregnancy update: Week 37



How Far Along: 37 weeks. FULL TERM! That’s crazy. CRAZY.

Size of baby: Still the size of a watermelon. Measuring anywhere between 19 and 22 inches and weighing around 6.5lbs.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well I’m certainly excelling in this category for sure.

Maternity Clothes: Mostly yes, but I do have a pair of jeans I can wear with my BeBand (maybe others, but I like the way those fit still so those are the only ones I wear really). And I had to dig out some long sleeve shirts since it’s cold and I don’t have any of those in maternity. At this point I’m just making it work.

Gender: BABY GIRL!!

Movement: She’s still pretty active & I love that. I think I’m going to miss that the most. That and actually seeing her move is really cool. Lately she’s been sticking something (a foot perhaps?) in to my right side and you can quite clearly see it on that side. Not like the foot itself, but you can definitely tell something is sticking out over there.

Sleep: This is getting to be more and more of a joke. I’m so uncomfortable and I get up to pee so much that I’m lucky to get whatever I can and I’m just tired all the time.

What I miss: I miss a lot of things, but mostly I miss being not pregnant now. I enjoy parts of being pregnant but I’m just feeling large and almost incapable of doing simple things that it’s kind of frustrating. But I’m all for her sticking around for as long as she needs to be inside me. I’ll definitely miss not feeling her inside me.

Cravings: I’ve been enjoying apples lately – which is great cause I bought a big bag and then one of our neighbors brought us a big bag so we’ve had a lot of apples and I’m the only one eating them! I also still have my daily dose of Oreo’s because I just can’t give those up!



Aversions: Nothing.

Symptoms: Heartburn, back aches, soreness, inability to sleep sometimes, having to pee a lot, being hungry but at the same time not having enough room to really fill me up, not being able to see my feet – or anything below my belly!, I can’t put on shoes if they don’t slip on, and it’s nearly impossible to get up off the floor/couch/bed without some assistance.

Labor Signs: Nope! So far nothing. Even my Braxton Hicks contractions are very few and far between (like some days I don’t have them at all and when I do it’s really only because I’ve done too much or I haven’t had enough water so as long as I drink some water and sit down they go away pretty quick).

Belly Button in or out: Out.

Wedding rings on or off: Definitely off. And I really started to miss them this morning.

Best moment this week: We had baby prep class this past weekend and that was informative. I think Steve feels better about the whole labor thing now that he’s gone through it. And I’m officially full term this week which is pretty exciting. It also means she could literally come at any time which is scary, but really cool at the same time.

Looking forward to: We don’t have anything big coming up in the next few weeks, basically we’re just going to take it easy and wait for baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment