Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 39



How Far Along: 39 weeks. ONE WEEK TO GO! Unless she’s stubborn and wants to be late, but my doctor promised me she wouldn’t make me go past 41 weeks!

Size of baby: She’s still the size of a watermelon….just a tad on the heavier side this week, maybe. Measuring about 19-22 inches and weighing in between 7 – 7.5 pounds. Neither Steve nor I were that big when we were born so we’ll see if she is.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: When I was at the doctor last week I hadn’t gained any more weight!! YAY!! But I hadn’t lost any either so I’m still up 42 pounds total.

Maternity Clothes: Well, since I’m working from home until she’s born it’s more like pajamas. But yeah when I go out I’m wearing maternity stuff just so I don’t stretch out my regular clothes.

Gender: BABY GIRL!!

Movement: She’s still an active baby and the other night I thought she was going to go Alien on my stomach, but after feeling her position the next morning I think she just was working her way down. Not out, just down.

Sleep: It’s not good. Not good at all. What I miss: Seeing my feet. Sleeping on anything but my side so my hips and shoulders don’t hurt so bad. Being able to walk and not waddle. Not having to pee a thousand times a day and night. Being able to get up off of anything without assistance. And being able to really play with Buddy – he wants me to chase him around on the floor but that’s not happening and I feel bad.



Cravings: Still really just my Oreo’s and milk.

Aversions: Nope, not anymore.

Symptoms: I’m pregnant and I know it that is for sure!

Labor Signs: I thought Hurricane Sandy was going to bring Baby Sydney because I was feeling sick on Monday and thought I was having contractions but after some water and just sitting down and resting those contractions were really just Braxton Hicks.

Belly Button in or out: It’s out.

Wedding rings on or off: They’ve both been off for a while. I miss them.

Best moment this week: Steve and I went to dinner on Sunday night as a last night out just the two of us before we have a baby. It was really nice.


Looking forward to: Meeting my daughter. I’m glad she didn’t come during the hurricane, and I’m really ok waiting for her to decide when she comes but I am really excited to have her here finally.


No comments:

Post a Comment