Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dream job

When I was little I wanted to be a lot of things. Teacher, doctor, lawyer.... never did I want to be a Proposal Manager. Which is what I currently am. I enjoy my job - to a degree. It definitely isn't my dream job, and it's definitely stressful, and it comes with long hours sometimes, but as much as it isn't my dream job it is an interesting job and I do enjoy what I do.

And lately I've been asking myself what do I really want to do. For now, since I can't decide I'm obviously not going to just up and quit my job and do nothing because that would be completely irresponsible especially with a brand new baby in my life. And maybe I'll continue to do this until I no longer have to work. I'm not really sure what the future holds, but I do know that I want to do something that makes me happy and that gives me a nice quality of life. And by quality of life I mean a life I am able to enjoy. 

But if I could just change jobs right now with all the appropriate qualifications I think I would be a teacher. I used to think English teacher which is why I graduated with a degree in English, but lately I've been thinking Kindergarten teacher. I don't know why exactly, but that's where my mind wanders when I think about what I really want to do "one day." 

And then some days I think it would be amazing to do something that involves writing. Not like "famous blogger" or anything and not anything full time really, but something that involves writing in some way. Which, funny enough, is part of the job I have now but I mean more exciting writing because what I write about now isn't always that exciting haha. 

So there you have it. I'd be a teacher and do some writing on the side. It's nice to dream sometimes and maybe one day my dream will come true... but for now, I'll be happy with what I have because it has been good to me.

If you could do any job what would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment