Sunday, January 18, 2009

Accomplishments

I've started and finsihed a lot this weekend. I love 3 day weekends. Mostly because I don't have to go to work on Monday and the week following a 3 day weekend is a 4 day week, but mostly because I have an extra day to get things accomplished.

So far this weekend I've made some progress on my list.

First, #29 - Take my Vitamins once a day.
I finally remembered today! Go me. Perhaps this goal was a little harder than I would have imagined. So I lost 4 days first because I forgot I had made it as a goal, then because I forgot to take the vitamins. Fantastic. But, today I remembered. I'm not sure what made me remember but they are proudly displayed on my bathroom counter to hopefully remind me to take them each day.

Second, # 41 - Finish Twlight Series (1/3).
I realize that I only list 3 books in my goals instead of the 4 that are in the series, but that is because I finished the first one before I finished the list and I felt like that would be cheating to include it when it pre-dated my list. That and I was already a good ways into the 2nd book. I finsished New Moon today and I can't wait to start on Eclipse. I might just start on it today because there isn't anything on TV I really want to watch and I was really comfy on the couch reading New Moon that all I really want to do is go back to reading.

At first I really didn't think I would enjoy these books. Honestly, I wasn't sure. I mean I love every single Harry Potter book that was written and so far I've seen all the movies. It was just the whole vampire and warewolf thing that was getting me. It was so unrealistic. Not that witches aren't, but Twilight details the love interest between a human and a vampire. That was the part I couldn't get over. Luckily, I did because I think these books are fantastic.

Third, #79 - Organize Recipes into a recipe binder.
I didn't quite finish this one, but I thought I would blog about it anyway. Over time I have collected recipes from various magazines and the internet. Some I have actually tried, others just looked good and I thought I would maybe want to try one day. So far, I can't say that I've tried a lot of them and they were usually just ending up carelessly thrown in a pile. An ordinary person might have just thrown them away, but the incessant pack rat in me just won't allow that.

Last night after I had cleaned the house and was doing laundry I decided I wasn't tired enough for sleep, but there just wasn't anything I wanted to watch on TV so I figured I would do something. I chose the recipes and boy are there a lot of them. I had a couple 1 inch binders and started to fill them up, but I think I'm going to need to go out and get a bigger binder so they will all fit in one. That and I'm not entirely sure they will all fit in 2 - 1 inch binders. So I've mostly organized them all into different categories and have made tabs for the binders to neatly organize them. It took quite some time, and after a while my back was starting to hurt so I had to give up sitting on the floor hunched over all these papers. And I was starting to become very tired. I let sleep win, and put the recipes aside for the evening. I will probably go back to them later today though so I'll keep you updated on my progress.

I have some other news to share, but I'll put that in another post because I don't want it tagged with my 101 list since its not related at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment