Friday, February 27, 2009

# 36 - Try a new food once a month

We ordered Chinese food the other night, as we do every Tuesday, but this Tuesday while I was searching the menu none of the meals that I usually get sounded remotely like what I wanted. I was on the hunt for something new, something different. Although that was a task since Chinese food is one of my absolute favorite things ever.

I settled on sezchuan shrimp and I really enjoyed it. I don't generally get seafood items at Chinese places which I know sounds strange because seafood is also a favorite its just that normally seafood dishes don't sound so good. I'm not one for the shrimp with lobster or the shrimp and garlic I don't know why but they just don't sound appetizing. This week, I wanted the sezchuan shrimp. I really like my food spicy so I figured this would be good as well. It was, but the meal itself was rather dissapointing. There were like 5 pieces of shrimp in this entire meal and a bunch of vegetables I don't particularly care of. I gave one of my shrimps to Steve so I didn't end up with any leftovers like I usually do but I really enjoyed it. I'll probably get it again, but I'll be getting some noodles with it or something.

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time mixing up my Chinese food. I ALWAYS stick with the same two things--either shrimp fried rice or sweet and sour chicken. Good job for trying something new!

    ReplyDelete