Sunday, March 8, 2009

#35 - February Meal

Sweet Pork Tenderloin

This isn't the best photo, and again because I was too busy cooking I didn't really get any pictures. It really does taste a LOT better than this picture would lead you to believe. I promise.

I found this recipe a while ago an have made it a few times and Steve and I always enjoy it so I decided I'd make it while we were living with the inlaws because I figured they'd enjoy it as well. And I was right (shocker right? ha!)

Anyway, its really simple to make and doesn't require a lot of time.

Recipe -

Ingredients

2 lbs pork tenderloin

1/2 lb bacon, sliced thin

1 large onion, sliced thin

1/4 cup soy sauce

12 - 16 oz apricot preserves (you can use regulary, light or surgar free it doesn't really matter)

Direction

Wrap tenderloin in bacon

Place onions in bottom of 9x13 casserole dish

lay tenderloins on top of onions

mix soy sauce and apricot preserves and pour on top of wrapped tenderloins

bake at 350 for 45 - 60 minutes (you can broil it for 5 - 10 to crisp the bacon at the end)

I also got to learn how to make cauliflower and cheese sauce from Pete. That's also really simple to make and I'm so excited because its one of my favorite side dishes!!! Overall the meal was a hit - which is always good. I'm really starting to enjoy this and really wish I got home earlier so I could cook during the week...oh well, the weekends will have to do for now :)

1 comment: