Thursday, April 30, 2009

#35 - Make a Meal Once a Month

This month my meal was Boston Market's meatloaf. I had been craving some good meatloaf and really I wanted some Boston Market meatloaf so I did some internet digging and found a recipe!! I was so excited that I had found one and really hoped it would taste pretty close and IT DID!!! This will be my meatloaf recipe from now on!

The Recipe

1 1/4 hours, 15 min prep
Serves 4-6

Meat Mixture
1 1/2 lbs lean ground chuck
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 tsp garlic salt
2/4 cup drained diced tomato (crushed tomato works too)
3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs (I used Italian breadcrumbs)
1 egg

Topping
2/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp sugar

Directions

Mix all ingredients for meat mixture together until well blended.
Place in a lightly greased bread pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes
Remove oven and drain excess grease from pan
Mix tomato sauce and sugar together and pour over the meatloaf and place back in the oven to finish baking until done (about 1/2 hour depending on the oven).

I think the next time I make this I'm going to make a little extra of the topping so that I can serve it with the meatloaf too.

This is a really, really easy meal to make and if you like Boston Market you'll love this. If you don't know what that is then you're definitely missing out!

Happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment