Friday, April 3, 2009

How about another awesome recipe?

Ok, I'm on it!
I want to say that a friend of mine and Steve's used the recipe I posted last month (the pork tenderloin) and said it was awesome! So if you're looking for a good pork tenderloin, its recommended :)

For #35 this month I decided to make a healthy Stuffed Pepper while Margot was out of town since she doesn't like pepper's at all and the rest of us do. And yes, I said it was healthy but it is still REALLY good if I do say so myself...and I do! haha.

Here's the recipe (and even some pictures...I did much better at taking pics this month)

Ingredients -

4 bell peppers, green, medium

1 onion, yellow

2 celery stalk, medium

4 tablespoons chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium

1 lb ground beef, extra lean

4 tablespoon liquid egg substitute

4 teaspoon parsley

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon basil, dried


Preparation -

Preheat oven to 350
Cut a slice from the top of the bell pepper, remove seeds and membrane. Cook pepper shell in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well.

Wash, peel and dice onion; wash and dice celery
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion and celery in chicken stock (adding more stock if necessary - and I usually add a little more) until tender. Remove mixture and set aside.

In same skillet, brown and drain ground beef.
Add vegetable mixture back into the skillet with meat, stirring to combine, and turn off heat.
Stir in egg substitue, parsley, black pepper, and basil
Fill pepper shell with meat mixture and place in a baking dish lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour hot water to a depth of 1/4 inch around peppers. Bake 30 minutes



You will notice that there is no sauce with these peppers. Its strange I will admit and you can add sauce if you want to, but I don't. They're good the way they are. I might try to do something a little different next time - but for now I'm just trying to get a handle on cooking haha.
If you try them, let me know what you think :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm most definitely trying this one too. I was just thinking about stuffed peppers the other night even. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete