Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Black Friday fun times....

I love shopping. LOVE IT. I haaaaaaaaate Black Friday. My employment at the mall really turned me off. Plus, I don’t really do crowds. So I never, ever, ever go shopping.

So this year, I hit my head and Steve and I went shopping with Mel, Margot, and Heather. We left THURSDAY night. That’s right apparently Black Friday starts the day before (seriously, why call it Black Friday then?!) We headed out of the house around 10:30, picked up Heather, and hit the outlets by 11. We shopped there until about 3:30 and headed over to Kohls because they opened their doors at 4. We got there just a few minutes before 4 and were in there for about an hour because we had to be at Target at 5 for their opening. Target was a bust, but that’s ok. After that it was off to Wal-mart. We got there about 5:30 and there was already a huge ass line of people at the registers. It was madness. Chaos. I hate Wal-mart with a huge passion for their chaos, but this really did it for me. (Unfortunately, we’ll be shopping at one of the two super Wal-marts when we move to Winchester…sigh…). Wal-mart ended up being a bust, so we headed to Best Buy (finally – it was the only reason I actually went). I have been in the market for a DSLR camera for a while and Best Buy had a pretty sweet deal. Well, apparently you have to stand in line to get some ticket so that you can actually buy some items in Best Buy and the camera I wanted happened to be one of those items. I was so irritated. I was tired, I was hungry, and I was starting to feel kind of sick. Luckily, the others found some things they wanted to buy so we were going to wait out the line that started at the very front of the store at the registers and went ALL THE WAY to the back of the store. Lovely. After standing in the line for what seemed like forever I got Steve to take me to get some food and then drop me off at home so I could eat and sleep and hopefully feel better.

I am the queen of sleep. Except for this day. I got home at 7 (AM!!!!) and could NOT sleep to save my life. I laid in bed begging for sleep for about 3 hours and nothing. NOT A WINK. I went from the bed to the couch because I didn’t want to disturb my sleeping husband (that bastard!). I watched some tv for a bit and then tried to sleep again. FINALLY I was sleeping. FOR 2 HOURS! Seriously I got up at 8 on Thursday, took a 30 minute nap, and was basically up until 10 AM the next freaking day and I couldn’t sleep. It was definitely making for a crappy birthday.

When I got up Steve was on the phone calling Ritz camera shops in the area (or in the somewhat area) to see if they had any of their awesome deals left. THEY DID!!!! My AMAZING husband went to TYSON’S on Black Friday. A place I will not visit from October until February because of the Christmas madness. He got my camera and came home with the ONLY thing I wanted for my birthday (ok, well I did want some other things too). He totally made my birthday wonderful and special.

So, thanks to my awesome and amazing husband, I have finally gotten my DSLR (and can cross #68 off my list!)

And, I have learned, that only crazy folk go out for Black Friday and since I’m not crazy I’ll be staying home from now on! The deals aren’t good enough to go through that ever, ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment