Saturday, January 23, 2010

I have been trying to find ways to work on my new “skills” in everyday life (#90).

One of my greatest fears is what people are thinking of me. I’ve been trying really hard to just be myself and remember that people don’t care or judge near as much as I fear they do. I have a hard time going places by myself. Shopping is one thing, I really like doing that by myself because it’s relaxing for me and I end up getting more accomplished in less time because I can go at my own, fairly quick pace.
I most certainly do NOT like to go to a restaurant by myself because I am afraid people will feel sorry for me like I couldn’t get anyone to come eat with me or something. Some people might be thinking things along those lines, but honestly, who cares? (I know, I do, I care a lot.) I’m starting to care less, but I am far from not caring.

I found this article on yahoo and it was meant for me.

How not to feel humiliated when dining alone

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/how-not-to-feel-humiliated-when-dining-alone-567610/

I read it and it all sounds fine. I think I can handle it. So now I’ve decided that this is what I’m going to (try) to do. I’m going to start with something like lunch during the workday because that seems less daunting than having dinner out by myself. Now, I have eaten out by myself for lunch so this isn’t a new thing. I do NOT do it often at all and I really try to avoid it at all costs, but I have done it. This time, however, I am going to (try) not to rush through my food to get the heck out of there as fast as possible.

I’ll keep you posted…

No comments:

Post a Comment