Saturday, May 29, 2010

National Harbor

I've been to the National Harbor once to go to a dueling piano bar, but never to walk around and explore the place.

My friend was in town with her girls and husband. He was there for work, but she was there for fun. So I met her up there for a day of hanging out and having fun (#62 - Play tourist).

They were staying at the Gaylord National and that place is gorgeous. One of the girls said it best, it's like outside but inside.

This is the view from the balcony. Inside the hotel. There's restaurants, shops, fountains, trees, sidewalks, the works. It's the atrium. And it's totally just worth going to see even if you don't stay there.

The fountain downstairs in the atrium. It's surrounded by a little "square." Tables to sit and relax.

In the evening they do a light show. You can't really tell here, but they have lights in the rocks and they play music and it changes color. It's really cool and looks awesome when it gets darker.

The place is huge and you feel like you'll never get where you're going because it is so far away. But still it's fun.


We walked all over the hotel and around the harbor.

This is right outside the hotel. There's a pier down there that we walked down and around.


The view of the other side of the harbor from the pier (above). There are a ton of restaurants, bars, shops, and things to do.

We also played inside the hotel. After dinner we relaxed for a little bit before I headed home. I love these girls, and they love me. The oldest was not pleased when I said I was going home and she told me I wasn't allowed because she wasn't ready for me to leave.


Overall we had an awesome day and it was great to see them all. I can't wait until next time....whenever that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment