Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This one's about food...

I love food. That's no secret. I haven't been so successful about making a meal at least once a month (#35) but I was able to get that done in April. I told my mother-in-law I used to make tacos a lot when we were living at the old house and she took me up on my offer (though I didn't realize I was offering she took it as one haha). So I made tacos last month. And the month before. We don't make them often but I'd gladly have those more than some of our normal rotation of meals. I'm excited to get out on our own and try my hand at actual cooking again. That and I'm so looking forward to eating with a little more spice and maybe, just maybe, some variety.

I also tried a couple new foods (#36) with our weekly (seriously) stir fry meal. One week I tried to "mix it up" with some Hoisin sauce. I have no clue what it is or what it's really supposed to go on but my father-in-law put in on the table one night so I decided to give it a shot. Luckily I only put a tiny little bit on my plate and used it as a dip for a couple bites because I was not a fan. I did give it a few bites, but overall it didn't do anything for me. The next time we had stir fry he decided to change it up a bit with some plum sauce. That one I enjoyed a lot. I think I've found a new condiment (not like I needed another reason to eat any kind of condiment haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment