Wednesday, December 15, 2010

30 Days About Me: Day 30 — Whatever tickles your fancy

I don’t know if I can out-do my last one. Because that one was deep. I struggled with a topic for the first one and when I decided to write about my brother that just fit. But I don’t have much else to say on that topic right now. Maybe in the future but not now. I just don’t know what to write. So I’m going to go ahead and show off my house all done up for for the holidays.

And I say holidays because my husband is Jewish so we celebrate Hanukkah and I'm Catholic so we also celebrate Christmas. So it pretty much looks like the holidays exploded all over my house. But I'm ok with that because this is my favorite time of year.

Our tree. With Dad's handmade reindeer that we fill like stockings. My parents started that tradition years ago with my brother and I and last year Dad made Steve and I our own (since my one from growing up is at my parents house).

My small, but growing, village of houses. I'm hoping to get more this year but I'm not sure where they'll be displayed next year.

I got this piece of furniture for my birthday this year and it turned out to be perfect timing because I needed more space for my decorations! As you can see from this we have a few Menorahs. There are 4 more elsewhere in the house (what can I say, in our area Hanukkah decorations are few and far between and I buy them up whenever I can and 2 of those Menorahs are for us to light the others are simply decoration)


The front hall. Just a few simple wall decorations here. It was hard to get a good picture of the hallway because of the way it's laid out.

This is coming up the stairs into the kitchen. As you can see, another Menorah and in this picture it's the 4th night of Hanukkah. I'm glad we had this pass-thru window because all these stuffed decorations would have been totally pulled down by some dog that thinks everything stuffed belongs to him.

The pass-thru window between the living room and kitchen. Just a few little knick-knacks and Santa.

This is in the living room. I'm totally glad we've got so many shelves cause I'd have a lot of decorations without a place to go.


The outside of our house! I love it. Steve and our neighbor worked really hard hanging the lights all over the house (they tried for the roof, but it was a little much and we nixed it for this year). We've got light up candy canes and a little tree. I'll probably try to snag some more mini trees for next year after everything goes on sale, but we'll see I don't want to be that overboard house ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment