Tuesday, March 8, 2011

There's a room under all that.

And by "all that" I mean boxes. Lots of boxes.

I've been on a spring cleaning spree lately thanks to Steve being at baseball stuff Friday and Saturday so I've got plenty of time to get stuff done.

Last weekend it was our closet and this weekend it was our office.

It was a big job, but I'm glad I finally got it done. I started with cleaning up our desks and the floor and then I moved on to unpacking the boxes.

I created THREE bags of trash. I couldn't believe that. I've also got a hefty pile of empty boxes. And I'm kind of ashamed to put that right out there on the internet. But it doesn't matter because it's all trash now and on Thursday it'll be picked up by the trash people. Which is fantastic. Because there are no more boxes in the office. It's nice to be able to find stuff now so that I can actually use it. I've got a good handle on my scrapbooking stuff now which means I can get back to that. I've got a couple of books I want to finish (like our wedding...I'm a serious slacker on that one). And I'm all caught up on my filing. I felt very productive this weekend.

This is our office before. Stuff everywhere.

I didn't actually count, but I'm pretty sure there were four or five boxes of Steve's books in this room. I put the computer books in Steve's desk and the baseball books and reading books in his bedwall.



Making progress. I believe that's trash bag number one.

Buddy being a "helper" with the trash... by laying on it and chewing his toy :)

And this is the after! It looks so good! And it's organized. Amazing.


It's like a whole new place. I don't remember the last time we've really seen Steve's desk ;)

I bought this desk a few months ago. And it came with a bookshelf and a file drawer. They've been awesome in getting this room organized.

I bought another bookshelf and put two cloth bins on the shelves. That pink thing is full of wires and such and it really needs going through but I kind of ran out of steam today.

No comments:

Post a Comment