Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mother Daughter Day

Mom and I spent 2 girls days together in April. One weekend my parents had called & asked us if they could have Buddy for the weekend. Sunday Mom decided she'd come down and spend the day with me after bringing Buddy back. She had a coupon for Kohl's she had been wanting to use so we went shopping! We both got quite a bit and we saved a ton of money between the sale they had going on and the coupon! I love shopping with my mom :) After we did a little shopping we went to lunch. It was really nice to spend that time with mom.

During Apple Blossom weekend there is a big craft fair and I asked mom if she wanted to go with me. She jumped at the chance to hit up a craft fair because she loves them! We went mid-day and it had been sprinkling in the morning but it cleared up long enough for us to spend a couple hours walking around outside.

There were lots of very neat crafts. I wish I had taken pictures of more of the stuff I saw but I couldn't not take a picture of this stuff. If I had several hundred dollars to spare I would have had this.



We got some amazing peach cobbler that was cooked in cast iron pot on a grill. I decided I need to get a cast iron pot.


I bought a sign for my kitchen that says "If you pour it they will come" and I wasn't sure where I was going to put it but I knew I needed it and I would find a place for it to go :) I also bought this for our front porch to try and hide those awful wires. It doesn't hide them all the way, but I do think its cute. I bought some mexican heather to go in the pot and those are supposed to attract hummingbirds so let's hope it works.


Both days with mom were so much fun & I'm trying to figure out what we should do next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment