Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hair today, gone tomorrow.

Yeah. That was bad haha.

Either way, I got a new hair cut. At this point it was like weeks ago, but since I've been so busy I haven't gotten a chance to post about it.

I knew exactly what I wanted when I went in. Pretty much exactly what I had, but shorter. Which really shouldn't have been that hard but somewhere along the line I said something about mid-neck and layers and that was all she heard. So that's what I got.

It was definitely shorter than I was hoping and also thinking it would be. But as soon as she started cutting I realized it was going to be shorter than I was intending.

I was pretty worried as she was just cutting, and cutting, and cutting away. I have this strange thing about hair cuts. Even if I'm completely prepared and it turns out exactly the way I wanted it I really don't like it. I don't know why. But it just is what it is. And it's the way it always has been.

So as soon as she turned me around and gave me the mirror I didn't really like it. I actually almost cried, but being as though there was nothing she could do to change it and I most definitely didn't want it any shorter I told her I loved it.


I got home and found the perfect place to get a good picture of the new do so that I could send Steve a picture. I wasn't sure he'd like it. He definitely told me I couldn't go any shorter lol. Which, trust me, I will not.

I go back and forth with it - I like it most days, but there are some days that I don't really dig it. I'm looking forward to when it grows a bit and it'll get a little closer to my shoulders. Which is what I wanted ;)

After I posted this picture on FB someone commented on the fact that I practically had this same hair cut my senior year of high school. Ten years ago.


Apparently, my hair goes through some phases. But I guess this will just help people recognize me at our reunion this fall ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment