Wednesday, July 6, 2011

June wrap up

It's that time again. To wrap up another month on my 101 list. And of 2011. What the hell is this year going? I mean I don't mind it but man is it moving or what?!

One of my biggest triumphs of the month was to clean out the closet (#77). I'm always a little behind at switching out the seasons but I have kind of been making use of all of Steve's baseball time to get some stuff done that I've been putting off. I didn't take any pictures but I have a lot of clothes and they were everywhere. It basically got worse before it got better. And I went through everything and pretty much tried on everything I wasn't 100% sold on keeping. A lot of those things didn't make it back in to the closet but rather into the donation pile. Which is growing and I really need to get out of my house, but that's for another day.

When I went to see my brother last we took a picture so he sent it to me so I could make copies and send it back to him. It took me a while, but I finally did pop a letter in the mail (#7) and thankfully he was able to get the picture. We weren't sure if it would make it through the security because technically you aren't supposed to send inmates photos of other inmates but since we were sending him a picture of himself it was ok!

I finally got around to changing my name on one of my cards (#4). I had gotten a new card and when I called to activate it I figured I might as well change my name while I had them on the phone. Plus it was way easier than I thought it would be. I have a few (several...) more to do but one down...

Steve and I took a date day one Saturday (#1). It had been a long week of baseball and we really needed some time together. We were supposed to run really quick and drop off his car to get new tires and then run some errands. However, nothing we do goes as planned so of course neither did this. We ended up running to six different places and we couldn't find four of the tires we wanted. We managed to grab lunch together because we pretty much spent the entire day in separate cars. Eventually we threw in the towel and headed home. Where I took a nap and he spent some time on the computer & phone trying to find tires. He did find some and headed out again. This time on his own because I was napping. After he finally got home - without tires by the way because they ended up not having what he wanted AFTER they took off the old tires - we settled down on the couch for a night of movies. It was a pretty great day even though nothing really went right I still got to spend it with my man :)

No comments:

Post a Comment