Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Let's catch up.

Cause we've got a lot to catch up on.

August. We took a vacation. For a week. It was amazing. And relaxing. And so very much needed. I'll be doing a dedicated post later this week, but this is about when I fell off the face of the earth ha ;) When we got home the Clark County Fair was in full swing so we stopped by there one night for the tractor pull. I've never felt more redneck. I loved every second of it. I did some major cleaning in the basement. And still didn't get it all done. That place is a disaster, but once we finish it and I can actually unpack some of the stuff that will go in the basement it will be in much better shape. Buddy turned 7. I got a promotion at work (yay me!). Which prompted me to update my resume (for my review, and then after with my new title). I tried a new food (#36 off my list) - 2 different types of Iranian cookies this guy from work brought in. One was a walnut and the other was a coconut. I'm not a coconut fan, but I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to try them. I'm still not a coconut fan but they weren't terrible. The walnut ones were my favorite. They definitely don't have the sweetness that American cookies have, but I'd eat them again.

Hm. what else. Oh yeah. There was an earthquake. In Virginia. What the hell. I was for sure not a fan of that. And if I never have to go through one again it would definitely be too soon. It was actually centered near my cousins' house - which was scary, but then they were all ok and only had some minor damage so that wasn't so bad. I obviously couldn't get in touch with my brother so I was pretty freaked out about him until he called. Which was later that day so I didn't have to worry too much but he's down near the epicenter so you never know.

September. Labor day. The sad end to summer. It's been raining every since - Mother Nature is crying because summer is over. And so am I. Steve had a birthday and we had way too much fun going out with our friends. And now he's 29 and I'm not ha! We had a yard sale with the neighbors. We didn't make a ton of money but we got rid of a lot of stuff - which was my goal so I was happy! We even got rid of this awful dresser that's been hogging up a lot of space in our basement so that was like the best thing ever. I even got to clear out my stuff from mom and dad's (#22 off my list) which made them happy. And now they can't complain that they have any of my stuff. Because they do not. Well, except my barbies which my mom won't let me have. Apparently a 28 year old homeowner is not yet responsible enough to have her own toys. I'm cool with that though because our house does not have the room for them. My boss left at work - which was a huge bummer but it's ok for now. On the bright side I got the pleasure (kinda...) of trying olive tapenade (#36) and even though I do not like olives at all it wasn't all that bad. I don't think I'd seek it out but if the opportunity presents itself again I'd eat it. I did a little cooking this month (#35). Not a ton - but I did make salmon filets with an applewood rub. They were pretty amazing. Even Steve was excited with my "thinking out of the box" skills.

We attended the baby shower of our Best Man and his wife. Who are expecting twin girls. It was a really great day to shower them with love (and presents....as they were opening ours and kept pulling stuff out of the bag Steve asked how much we actually got them. I just laughed...). They had a co-ed shower and Steve was pretty excited about attending his first baby shower. I was excited that there weren't any of those silly baby shower games. Because I don't care what kind of candy bar is in that diaper it's still gross.

I'm sure there are things I'm leaving out. But you don't really want to hear about the boring day-to-day stuff. And clearly I can't remember it so it must not be that important. But that's the jist of what's been happening in my life since I wrote last.

I do have to make several posts for my 365 photos. I have been taking them, but just like everything else, they haven't made it here yet. But don't worry. I'm not about to do like 2 months of pictures in 1 post.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment