Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Snowtober

Snow. In October. Snowtober.



They started calling for snow on like Thursday night. I figured the forecast would change because we couldn't possibly get snow in October. That's ridiculous.

But no. No the forecast did not change. Well, it did but the numbers kept going up and down. But there was always snow in the forecast for Saturday. All day Saturday.

This was the latest when I went to bed Friday night.



And I woke up to snow. Just a dusting at that point, but it was still coming down hard so I knew we were in for a really snowy day.



By mid-afternoon we were up to almost 3 inches. I heard we got around 6 when it was all said and done but we didn't measure or anything so I can't say for sure.


It doesn't matter because we still got snow. In October. In Virginia. That's unheard of. I don't actually think I've ever seen snow this early in my entire life - in Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment