Thursday, November 3, 2011

What's cookin'

I've been cooking a lot more lately. I don't know if it's because I've been finding amazing recipes online or because I'm just getting better at it so I like it more. Plus, most of these recipes are crock pot recipes so they're super easy weekend meals.

Mandy over at Harper's Happenings posted this recipe for Crock-Pot French Dip sandwiches and it was AMAZING! So I'm sharing it with you guys and you should also check her out, she's fun to read and her daughter is super cute!


What you'll need:
3 lb roast
20oz beef broth
one can condensed french onion soup
6oz red wine
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
french rolls
provolone cheese

I gave this recipe to my MIL and my FIL decided they would change it up a bit. They added french onion dip mix and used 32oz of beef broth instead of the french onion soup. They said it was really good and we might try it like that next time, but it's up to you.

What to do:
Pour all ingredients into crock pot and then add roast.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Ours took about 4.
Slice and return to liquid about 30 minutes before you want to eat
Make sandwiches, pile on cheese, throw in toaster oven to get cheese melty, use the juice from the crock pot for dipping, and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment