Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dear baby.

Dear baby,

I'm pretty sure I felt you move today (May 30, 2012). It started this morning with a weird rumbling, flipping feeling in my stomach. Like you were just flipping around. But since I've never been through this before I wasn't sure if those little flips were really you. But by lunch time I was certain that the rolling, flipping feeling that I'd been feeling consistently throughout the day is you. At 17 weeks and 1 day you have made your presence known with movement and not just sickness. It was really weird at first, but it's really cool at the same time. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it because I haven't enjoyed a whole lot about this whole experience as much as I had hoped to. But this little feeling, that for the time being is all mine, is the first thing I've truly enjoyed. In some ways it makes you feel so much more real. We've seen you and heard your precious heartbeat but to feel you just makes you feel so much more real to me. You've completely stolen my heart, and with good reason, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside out. I love you more than I ever thought possible. To love someone you haven't even met yet is one of the most powerful feelings I've ever experienced. I will love you forever.

Love,
Mama 

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! The first movements are amazing, mostly when you realize that's what they are! IT only gets better from here :)

    ReplyDelete