Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 26



How Far Along: 26 weeks. Which means I have 3 1/2 months to go. THREE AND A HALF. I don’t even know what to say about how crazy that is. I’m nearing the end of my 2nd trimester and the beginning of my 3rd. It’s all just going so fast.

Size of baby: She’s the size of a cucumber this week. Measuring at 15 inches and weighing in at 2.2lbs.



Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well I got on the scale this morning for the first time in weeks. Apparently I am now up 24 pounds. Boy was I surprised since I don’t feel like I look any bigger. Pregnancy is weird.

Maternity Clothes: Yes and no. I wear them, but I can still fit in to my regular clothes (pants with the BeBand). Which makes it even more crazy that I have gained 24 pounds. And also very glad that I like my shirts on the pretty long side so they are still long enough to go over the belly and still look good.

Gender: BABY GIRL!!

Movement: She’s moving more and more these days which is pretty cool. She still prefers to be more active when I am being less active but I guess that makes sense. I also play her music from my iPod (phone) and she’ll “dance” to that. She appears to like the country music just like her Mama.

Sleep: It’s getting harder and harder to feel like I get a good nights sleep. I do sleep, but I’m up once or twice for the bathroom. And it’s hard to get comfortable when I am sleeping. And sometimes I wake up on my back and that actually kind of hurts. I take naps though every day when I get home from work because I just can’t do anything more until I get a little nap. And Buddy likes to curl up around the belly (when we’re napping on the couch that is) so that’s pretty cute. He’s going to run out of room here soon but I don’t think he realizes that.



What I miss: Solid sleep.

Cravings: Fruit in general is yummy! I still have that sweet tooth. And I do enjoy pickles, but I’ve always liked those so that isn’t really a pregnancy thing for me. Other than that I haven’t had any weird pregnancy cravings.

Aversions: Nothing in particular.

Symptoms: HEARTBURN! It is terrible. I’m definitely a Tums girl now.

Labor Signs: No thank you!

Belly Button in or out: It’s out. OUT. And according to my mother “looks weird” THANKS MOM!

Wedding rings on or off: band on, engagement ring off.

Best moment this week: we bought furniture; we picked out bedding and a stroller; and we registered! We also ordered baby shower invites so the planning has begun for that! SO EXCITING!

Looking forward to: Getting all the furniture and starting on the nursery. I am so ready for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment