Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 35




How Far Along: 35 weeks (and on Tuesday that meant I had 35 DAYS LEFT! Crazy.)

Size of baby: She's still the size of a large cantaloupe measuring about 19 to 22 inches, but this week apparently the cantaloupe is a little heavier weighing in at 6lbs. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I’m winning the weight gain race for sure haha. But I still don’t look like I gained what I have (35 pounds, for the record) and my doctor is fine with my gain and at this point I’m not changing anything because I only have 5 weeks left.

Maternity Clothes: Why yes, yes I am. And I’m still wearing some regular clothes (a couple pair of jeans with my BeBand and some regular shirts as long as they’re long enough and not too tight cause I don’t want to stretch them out)



Gender: BABY GIRL!!

Movement: She’s a really active baby…. Except when people (mostly her grandma’s) want to feel her. But she definitely gets her dance party on. I love it.

Sleep: Hanging in there I guess. It’s not even remotely comfortable anymore, and I’m up every 2-ish hours to pee, but at least I’m sleeping.

What I miss: I think at this point I miss being not pregnant just for the little things. So I can put on shoes and socks without having trouble. So I can walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like I just ran a marathon because she’s squashing my lungs. And recently, because I believe she’s mushing my stomach as well, I miss not feeling sick to my stomach.

Cravings: Right now because I just feel a little nauseous constantly I don’t really have any cravings right now.



Aversions: Kind of everything right now because it seems that a full stomach makes for a more upset stomach which is the complete opposite of the beginning of my pregnancy because then it was an empty stomach was an upset stomach and the only way to keep the morning sickness at bay was to eat often.

Symptoms: Aside from all the uncomfortable stuff in the few categories above I’ve got this weird thing going on with my feet. Minimal swelling (although sometimes there is more than minimal) and sometimes the arch of my foot kind of like falls asleep. It’s a weird feeling because it’s not the whole foot so I’m walking on like a half asleep foot.

Labor Signs: Nope and even the Braxton Hicks contractions are kind of few and far between. Which is ok, because they’re just annoying.

Belly Button in or out: OUT!

Wedding rings on or off: Definitely off at this point.  

Best moment this week: A family friend came over to work on a mural for the nursery and it looks SO GOOD! It’s not done yet but it’s getting there and it really does look amazing. We also went to a yard sale and a consignment sale over the weekend and scored some amazing deals. I finally feel like we don’t have to buy anything else for her even though I still feel unprepared for her arrival! And I organized her closet and dresser. SO MANY CLOTHES! But only 0-6months really, apparently this spring someone is going to need a new wardrobe…. Good thing there’s another consignment sale in April I can go to haha!

Looking forward to: Having the mural finished because then I can put the last finishing touches on her room and call that done. And finishing up the last of my to-do list… it’s still kind of long, but I’m working with the really important (to me) stuff first and it’s getting there little by little so I feel pretty good about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment