Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Recap

We have this little tradition in our neighborhood on Halloween. It started on our first Halloween here in 2010 and it was kind of an accident, but it worked and it's fun and we just keep doing it. Basically, all of our living rooms are on the 2nd floor of our house so our first Halloween we decided we'd just stand outside because it was easier than running up and down the stairs all night long. Last year we added the fire pit because it was cold (it had snowed! SNOW!). This year....well, we went a little um... redneck. We added a couch. Not. Even. Kidding. And no, this isn't going to be a new part of the tradition because the couch came from our garage and it's actually trash cause we got a new one and it really is just trash and I hope to hell that it isn't still sitting in our garage this time next year.



I spent most of the night on my feet because I was passing out candy, but eventually I did sit down. And somehow I ended up with all the candy bowls.... what? the baby wanted some candy! (that's one bowl for each house in our row, they're not actually all mine....even though I did eat from them all!)



Another tradition I have for Halloween is to dress up the dog. I'm sure he hates it because you can just tell by the look on his face...but he gets lots of treats so that he'll sit still so I can get a couple pictures and that probably doesn't make up for the torture but my goodness he is cute!



I don't usually dress up for Halloween unless we're going to a party or something, but I couldn't help myself this year. Since my little one decided she didn't want to be here for Halloween and I look like I swallowed a pumpkin I decided I needed to look like a pumpkin!


I picked up this shirt over the weekend but I didn't add the pumpkin face until Halloween because I figured that murphy's law would strike and if I prepared for Halloween the baby would definitely come and then I'd have all this Halloween stuff (and candy!) at home so I waited for the last minute for all of this. I free-handed this shirt (and by that I mean that I cut out pieces of paper and traced them on the shirt and filled it in with a magic marker).

I kind of joked that I would be a pumpkin for Halloween because I look like I swallowed one but I didn't have any real idea of how I'd accomplish this task. And then, like she was reading my mind, Nikki over at SuperNovaMom.com posted this Halloween Costume for a Preggo and it was basically exactly what I wanted to do. So I did it. And while she did hers up a bit more than I did I still am pleased with how my shirt turned out.

I hope everyone had a great Halloween! I know we sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment