Friday, October 21, 2011

Vacation Day 7 and 8




Day 7 we headed back to Assateague Island and hit the beach for the day. Well, for a few hours anyway.



I enjoy laying on the beach and relaxing and Steve really likes playing in the ocean so he was not too entertained when all I wanted to do was lay around and soak up the sun. He entertained me by sitting with me and reading his book.


I tried really hard to enjoy playing in the ocean but quite frankly it scares the crap out of me to get in the ocean so it was a little hard for me. Steve did some boogie boarding and I alternated spending time in the water near him and watching from the shore. I felt really bad because he really wanted to play in the ocean and I was trying really hard to enjoy it but those waves just freak me the hell out.


Later that evening we headed out to to a fancy dinner at Wright's Seafood on the water. I even got a little dressed up in one of my new fancy sundresses.


We were lucky enough to get a table right next to the window overlooking the Bay.


We had an amazing dinner. We started with alligator bites and I enjoyed bacon wrapped scallops as my main course. I can't remember what Steve had but I remember it was also amazing.

Our last day of vacation was bittersweet. We actually ended up heading home on Friday night instead of staying through Sunday. We'd done all of the things that we had really wanted to do so Saturday and Sunday would have been more of the same - relaxing, maybe the beach, wandering the island, and just hanging out. While it would have been nice we were ready to head home and sleep in our own beds and just be home before heading back to work on Monday (total bummer!)



We made one last fun trip to the island for breakfast and then we stopped by the Wallops Island visitor center.



It's quite a small place but it was fairly educational. Semi out of date, but still it was kind of neat. And it's free so that was an added bonus.




After that we headed back to the house for naps and relaxing cleaning up the house to head home.


Before we left we just had to go to Don's Seafood for all you can eat crabs. Probably not the best thing to eat before making a 4 hour car ride but hey they were still really good!


After dinner we finished cleaning the house and packed up the car and headed home. Since we left late we missed traffic again - go us! And we got home kind of late. I even managed to stay awake the entire ride home. I mean, I tried to sleep, but I figured that Steve could use the company so I stayed up with him. It was good to be home but I missed vacation almost immediately.



I'm definitely looking forward to heading back next year. Is it summer yet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment