Monday, April 23, 2012

Telling our families

Telling our families was like the best thing I've ever done. We told them at the end of March after we'd had our first doctors appointment - I was hoping to have a ultrasound at that appointment so I'd have a picture for them as a cute way to tell them, but that didn't happen so we had to think of something else. I was pretty pleased with how we were able to tell everyone and their reactions were priceless! They've all be waiting for this for a while and we're all really glad there's a baby coming!

Friday we went over to my parents house to tell them. When my Nana had passed my mom gave me some of her things that said Nana so that I could give them to her when she became a Nana. So I found a little sign, wrapped it up and had her open it. She loves presents so she was all kinds of excited to get a present for no reason! And she didn't get it. And she didn't even let my dad see it! She asked if it had come from Nana but it didn't click to her. My dad finally asked what it was cause she didn't even show him and he was like oh that's neat....but he didn't seem to get it either. Apparently they thought it was from Buddy. (though in all fairness, she does have a sign in her kitchen that says Nana's Kitchen because she is a Nana to the dog ha!)

I finally was like yeah remember you told me to give Nana's stuff back to you when you became a Nana? And she was like oh yeah. Then she freaked out and asked me if I was going to be a Nana cause she was so excited! I told her I wasn't but she was. She couldn't focus on anything for the rest of the night....we're lucky we ate dinner haha! My dad was so excited and he was kinda mad we told him it was a secret and he couldn't put it on FB for a few weeks. He said we shouldn't have told him cause he can't keep a secret so I told him to call my Godfather so he could at least tell 1 person - he seem pleased with that. And then he went out on their deck and screamed at the top of his lungs "I'm going to be a Granddaddy!" It was SO funny. But it was a little annoying - to me - since I really didn't want him telling anyone. I wasn't sure he'd be able to keep this a secret. He did, but it was mostly begrudgingly.

Telling my brother was probably my favorite. When we go in to see him we're allowed 1 hug per person before we sit down. So I wanted to tell him right away - he hugged me and I just came out with it "you're going to be an Uncle!" and he freaked out! I wasn't sure he'd show a lot of emotion just because he's in prison and all but he was like "what! omg! that's so exciting" and he kept saying all day "Way to go Team Steve" hahaha it was funny. I haven't seen him that excited about something in a long time and he's extra excited because it's the one thing he won't miss at all since the baby is supposed to come after he gets home.

Steve's parents have been in Bora Bora and they got home late Sunday night. They flew standby home so they almost didn't get in until like the middle of the night but they did end up getting on a flight that had them landing at 9:40. Late, but not super late. We went out and bought them a picture frame that says "grandkids make life grand" and in the frame I put "Coming Nov 2012." After MIL gave us (SIL and her GF were there too) all our gifts from their trip Steve was like oh yeah we have a gift for you too. And he made his dad open it, but all he got to do was open the box before MIL took over haha. She likes presents - I can't blame her! She unwrapped the frame and had a little look of confusion on her face because she didn't have her glasses on so she couldn't read what the frame actually said. And then she got so excited and was like "omg I'm going to be a Grammy" FIL was like "so you're going to have a baby" and had this shit-eating grin on his face. SIL and her GF were really excited too but there was really just a lot of omg's and happy screaming from MIL. It was really exciting and I don't think I've seen any of them this excited about something in a long time. MIL has wanted to be a Grammy for SO long and I'm glad we're finally making her one!

No comments:

Post a Comment