Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 12

How Far Along: 12 weeks Size of baby: according to my app – the size of a peach, about 3 inches. According to our ultrasound at 12w2d the baby measured 6.17cm which is the equivalent of 2.43 inches so I guess it’s right about on point

Total Weight Gain/Loss: up 6 lbs – but when we went to the doctor the scale was MEAN because we had an afternoon appt so I’d eaten breakfast, morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack AND I had clothes on. I hate that scale.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet. My pants still fit (and button, but I abandoned the buttons long ago) so I’m holding out until I can stock up on a few more pieces because I don’t want to have to go back and forth.

Gender: Too soon to tell. BUT we will find out June 15th!!

Movement: Way too soon to feel that. But I’m hoping to feel something in the next few weeks!!

Sleep: Yes – except I get up a few times at night. But I’m not quite as tired as I once was

What I miss: I miss sweet tea which I know I can make with decaf tea but I haven’t yet

Cravings: I recently started liking food again! YAY! The other day I ate a plate of pickles and tomatoes… so there’s that. But those are foods that I like and would eat before I was pregnant (I had some weird tastes to begin with) so I’m not sure my cravings will actually surprise me. I did want spaghettio’s and meatballs the other day which was unusual so there’s that. Oh and I did want to eat Papa John’s specifically to eat the cheese sauce so I guess you can count that one.

Aversions: Not really anymore. Which is nice but I haven’t actually wanted anything specific for dinner so it’s still kind of hard to plan.

Symptoms: The morning sickness has started to come and go which is probably my most favorite thing ever.

Labor Signs: Nope!

Belly Button in or out: In!

Wedding rings on or off: still on

Best moment this week: having our ultrasound (as part of the NT scan) and seeing the baby actually look so much more like a baby than last time!!


Looking forward to: officially being in the 2nd trimester!!! Apparently it is the best one so we’ll see…
 

Week 12. With my just noticeable baby bump. People at work have started to ask the receptionist if I'm pregnant. I think it's sweet that they don't want to flat out ask me for fear that maybe I've just gained a few pounds lol

1 comment:

  1. Don't be upset about the scale - it's GOOD to gain weight!! Take advantage of this time to eat anything you want (now that you can) because when after it's over, and you have to watch what you eat to lose the baby weight, that's not so fun. I miss milkshakes... :) You look so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete