Friday, June 1, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 16

16 weeks was last week. I have this problem after we take my picture about actually getting them off the camera. I'm lazy, what can I say lol

How Far Along: 16 weeks

Size of baby: Size of a turnip, so about 5 inches and about 5 ounces.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’m up about 10lbs total. It doesn’t look like I’ve gained a lot, which is good, and I don’t think 10lbs is really a “lot” for how far along I am. Maybe it is, but I’m comfortable with it so that’s all that matters I suppose.

Maternity Clothes: Yes and no. My regular clothes still fit, but I am wearing some maternity tops if I feel like it. The pants are still hit or miss.

 Gender: Too soon to tell. But we do find out June 15th!

Movement: According to everywhere I read 16 weeks is about the earliest I should feel the baby. I haven’t felt anything yet and if I have I haven’t realized the baby is what I’m feeling. But I’m going with no still since I really don’t think I have.

Sleep: Sleep is good. Still waking to pee a few times but that depends on my fluid intake before bed. What I miss: I miss feeling good. I feel like if it’s not one thing it’s another for me and I just want to feel good again.

Cravings: Nothing in particular. Though if something sounds good I have to have it; but I don’t just come up with things I want it’s usually because I’ve seen something on a commercial or someone has mentioned a particular food item and then I decide it sounds good and need it right away.

Aversions: Same thing. Stuff doesn’t sound good, but normally Steve is naming things for dinner and half of it just doesn’t sound good at that moment but it might later.

Symptoms: I’ve still got this weird constant mucus making me gag and/or throw up. It’s really unpleasant but it seems to be sticking around. It’s really, really annoying. I really wish that would go away.

Labor Signs: Nope

 Belly Button in or out: In, but it looks suspiciously like it could be on its way out. I really would like for it to stay in but we’ll see what happens.

Wedding rings on or off: On, though with the excessive heat and the fact that my fingers regularly swell during the summer my engagement ring is on it’s way to the off position. My wedding band is a touch bigger than my engagement ring so that’ll stick around for a while.

Best moment this week: We got part of the basement finished over the weekend. It’ll be the office side of the basement, which means we can start to think about moving the office to the basement and getting the nursery started!!!

Looking forward to: Baby movement would be nice. And finding out the gender in a few short weeks!


16 weeks! 


I love it when Buddy wants to be in the pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment