Friday, June 1, 2012

Pregnancy update: Week 17.

How Far Along: 17 weeks

 Size of baby: The baby’s as big as a sweet potato. Which is apparently about 5.5inches and still about 5 ounces. (I get all of this info from my what to expect app, btw).

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’m not even talking about how much food I consumed this weekend. It was like I was never going to eat again.

Maternity Clothes: Yes and no. My regular stuff still fits and the maternity stuff fits too so I’m wearing both. I’ll outgrow my regular clothes eventually but for now it just keeps my wardrobe pretty big and my wallet pretty full

Gender: We find out June 15th! So close!!!

Movement: Felt the baby first at 17 weeks 1 day. Weird, but amazing at the same time.

Sleep: Yup, no problems yet.

What I miss: Wine. I miss wine. And sushi. I told my friends this weekend that they better bring me both items to the hospital or they're not allowed to visit.

Cravings: Just the other day I NEEDED a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on an everything bagel from the Bagel Shop. NEED. I got it for lunch. Lunch started at 10:45 that day haha.

Aversions: Nothing really. But something about food cooked on a grill just doesn’t sound good. So that’s perfect for summer, eh? I think it's mostly something about BBQ - the last time I ate BBQ sauce it made me sick so I've just been avoiding it. But I guess I'm equating BBQ sauce with the grill. But either way, hot dogs make my stomach upset and I don't really like hamburgers so feel bad for my poor husband this summer. And for me, because I'll be eating grilled food more than I want to lol

Symptoms: Just that weird mucus stuff that’s always in the back of my throat no matter how much fluids I drink (up the fluid intake says the doctor.) but all that extra fluid just makes me spend all day in the bathroom. At least I’m hydrated I guess.

 Labor Signs: None

Belly Button in or out: In. But it looks suspicious. I’m holding out hope it’ll just look funny and not pop out. Belly button ring still in too.

Wedding rings on or off: I’m wearing my wedding band, but with the heat and humidity and how much my fingers swell each summer when I’m not pregnant I’ve taken off my engagement ring for most days. I probably could wear it to work since it’s cool in the office, but when my finger swells a bit the ring makes my finger hurt so it’s just more comfortable to go without it.

Best moment this week: Feeling the baby move.  And having it be just for me for the time being. Like it's my secret, special thing.

Looking forward to: Finding out what we’re having!!! 2 weeks. OMG so soon. And then NURSERY TIME!


17 weeks! 


I think this one is my favorite. Sometimes my photographer gets the good shots :)

No comments:

Post a Comment