Friday, June 8, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 18

How Far Along: 18 weeks!

Size of baby: The size of a mango! 6inches and 1/2 a pound! That’s crazy. Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’m up about 14 pounds total. That is approximately one pound a week for every week I have known I was pregnant. I don’t know if that’s good or bad but if it keeps it up I’m going to gain 40 pounds which sounds excessive to me since the doctor wants me to gain 25-30. Maybe I need to back away from the pie. And oreos. And ice cream. Oh but I love sweets!! Either way, it doesn’t look like I’ve gained 14 pounds. I don’t know. I still feel like I look pretty small and I am trying to stay pretty active (between my prenatal workout DVDs and taking the dog for regular walks – I’m not over doing it) so I guess there’s that.

Maternity Clothes: Yes and no. They fit fine and my regular clothes still fit (some of them don’t but some do just depends) so I go back and forth and just base it on what I want to wear. I am trying to wear more of my regular clothes for now since I know that before long I really won’t be able to wear them.

 Gender: WE FIND OUT NEXT WEEK!!!! OMG!!!! JUNE 15 GET HERE FAST! Movement: It’s been pretty random, I’ve felt some but nothing consistent yet.

Sleep: Yes. Though I’m struggling to sleep on my side really. My shoulders hurt. I’m a stomach sleeper and I really miss that.

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach lol. And not being crazy hormonal. The food and wine misses haven’t changed – I miss sushi and wine like CRAZY. I want that in my hospital room folks!

Cravings: They’ve been random and not really repeating. This week I have wanted chocolate cake (went with a chocolate cream pie though, so freaking good) and taco salad. Not together of course, but they were both “oh my goodness I need this right now.” So I went out and got them right then. I wanted a peach the other day, and Steve said he’d get me one until he realized that we actually had none and he’d need to go to the store so he said I could not have a peach. That was mean.

Aversions: Nothing really. Me and food are good for now.

Symptoms: I still have that awful mucus thing going on. It’s really annoying and I’m hoping it isn’t truly allergy related so that it will go away sooner rather than later.

Labor Signs: Nope.

Belly Button in or out: In. But it looks suspicious.

Wedding rings on or off: Both on again. The temps stopped being in the 90s and it hasn’t been as humid so I haven’t been swollen or anything so I’m wearing both rings now. I’ll probably go back and forth for a while before they finally come off for good.

 Best moment this week: Spending some time with my Mom over the weekend. Having the weather be kind and not be so freaking hot. Getting to do a little shopping just for me.

 Looking forward to: Finding out what we’ve got in my belly! And more consistent movements (remind me of that when they get annoying ok?! Haha!)



No comments:

Post a Comment