Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 20

How Far Along: 20 weeks. HALF WAY THERE!! Baby girl is half baked!! My goodness how time flies. I feel like I just peed on that stick and now we know she is a she and we’re thinking nursery and freaking out a bit that one day we’ll have a teenage girl. Just. Like. Me.

Size of baby: She’s the size of a banana weighing in at about 11oz (she was 10.5 at the doctor on Friday) and is about 7inches in length (I forgot to ask how long she was).

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still up about 15lbs. I definitely look pregnant, but I certainly don’t look like I’ve gained this much weight.

Maternity Clothes: Yes and no. My regular clothes still fit with my band so I wear them and my maternity clothes are fitting better so I wear them too. Basically I just wear whatever I want and I try to not even put on shirts that look like they won’t be long enough to either cover the band or the maternity panel in the pants cause then I get sad and suddenly the only thing I want to wear is that stupid shirt and then I become a mess. Hormones for the win haha!

Gender: BABY GIRL!

Movement: I feel it randomly. Nothing totally consistent, but little here and there. That had me worried a bit, but the doctor says that’s normal so I feel better now. Maybe she’s just a sleeper like her Mama

Sleep: My hips hate sleeping on my side. I sleep pretty soundly, but I wake once or twice to pee so I switch sides so my hips don’t hurt as bad. I’ve started using a body pillow which seems to help more than the throw pillows I was using before.

What I miss: Wine and sushi. I’m just going to miss that the whole time.

Cravings: I have an incredible sweet tooth. Baby girl loves her sweets. Just like Mama. But she makes it impossible for me to have any of the willpower I used to have. We went to Walmart for groceries over the weekend and right at the entrance to the store was the fixins for S’mores. And before I knew what was happening they were in the cart. Luckily Steve was with me because at the end of that “getcha” aisle there was a snow cone maker we did not need but I wanted so badly.

Aversions: Anything with BBQ sauce sounds awful. The last time I ate it it didn’t sit right with me but I haven’t been able to try it since.

Symptoms: I’m feeling pretty good lately so that’s pretty awesome.

Labor Signs: No thank you!

Belly Button in or out: In-ish….it’s on it’s way out though. I finally did take my belly button ring out. And now my stomach looks funny without it.

Wedding rings on or off: On and off. Depends on how hot/humid it is. I can wear my band all the time comfortably, it’s that engagement ring that’s a touch too small that does me in.

Best moment this week: Father’s day was pretty awesome. And finding out that my mom had kept 2 boxes of my old baby clothes so we went through those and I took them home with me. They are so cute! Especially some of the one’s that my mom knit for me… they look amazing after almost 30 years so maybe one day I’ll be able to pass them on to my girl

 Looking forward to: My MIL turns 60 this week so that’s pretty exciting. We’re having a BBQ for her on Saturday so that should be a nice family day.

20 weeks.
HALF WAY THERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment