Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 21

How Far Along: 21 weeks. I don’t think I’m ever going to get over how fast this is going. I’m about half way through my 2nd trimester, which is crazy, but I’m not officially more than halfway done with this pregnancy. Also crazy.

Size of baby: She’s the size of spaghetti squash measuring at about 8 inches and weighing in at 1 pound! ONE WHOLE POUND! Grow baby girl, grow!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still about the same. It fluctuates day to day so I basically take a weekly average but I am probably up about a pound more than last week. Baby girl likes her sweets and Mama obliges greatly.

Maternity Clothes: Yes and no. I fit comfortably in maternity and regular clothes so for now I’m wearing whatever I want and taking great joy that I still have a large(ish) closet to select from.

Gender: BABY GIRL!!

Movement: She’s moving around more and more but she’s still keeping her movements mainly for me. Sometimes I think I can feel her from the outside but since I can feel her from the inside I’m not entirely sure but she doesn’t move around long enough for me to get someone else to come feel her. Soon enough though and there are plenty of eager hands waiting to feel her!

Sleep: I sleep fine and I’m up only like once or twice at night to pee. I do wake up a little stiff but that’s largely due to the fact that I’m sleeping on my hips and those things just hurt in general so I can’t wait to see how much more hurt they bring me.

What I miss: Wine and sushi. It’s just a given at this point. And being completely comfortable because it’s definitely no fun to wake up so sore all the time.

Cravings: Mainly sweets. Of any and all kinds. And lots of them.

Aversions: Nothing really, but if something doesn’t sound good I don’t eat it for sure.

Symptoms: Just achy body really. And that’s usually gone after I really get moving for the day. And if lazy is a symptom then I have that too.

Labor Signs: No thank you!

Belly Button in or out: Oh it is certainly on its way out that is for sure. But it’s still technically in. It does look funny though.

Wedding rings on or off: On and off – wedding band on all the time; engagement ring on most of the time but if it’s going to be super hot I just leave it off because it’ll hurt my hand.

Best moment this week: Steve’s cousin was in town this weekend so it was nice to see her & we celebrated Steve’s mom’s birthday. The big 60! So there was ice cream cake. Obviously that was amazing.

Looking forward to: We’ll be in NC celebrating our friends wedding this week so it’ll be nice to get away a bit and to see our friends and celebrate their new life together!

 I realize I look super tired in this photo. Its because I am. Because it was like 7am and while I'm normally up and at work at 7 it doesn't mean I'm functioning and awake at 7 haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment