Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 24



How Far Along: 24 weeks. SIX MONTHS. Mind. Blown.

Size of baby: She's the size of an eggplant this week. Weighing in at 1.7lbs and measuring at 9inches.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’m still up about 20lbs. Went to the doctor last Friday and she said my weight was spot on so that’s good news.

Maternity Clothes: The same – I’m wearing them because I have them and also because my pre-pregnancy shorts don’t fit and it is too hot not to wear shorts, but I can wear shirts and anything that isn’t shorts of my pre-pregnancy wardrobe.

Gender: BABY GIRL!! Movement: She’s moving more and more lately. Still not one for putting on a show for other’s so all that movement is still just for me. Which makes it a little more special!

Sleep: I’m not having trouble getting to sleep or getting sleep in general, but it is becoming more and more uncomfortable sleeping on my sides. And it’s more and more interrupted due to my bathroom breaks.

What I miss: Wine and sushi. I could really go for a Philadelphia Roll right about now that’s for sure. I also am missing my ability to eat seafood like I want to. I can still have some, but I could go for a good crabfest right about now and I certainly couldn’t enjoy that the way I normally would so I’ll sadly just be passing for this summer.

Cravings: Fruit has been a big deal lately. I just can’t get enough. And I always want pizza, but that isn’t necessarily a new thing it’s just a more constant thing.

Aversions: Nothing so it’s basically just bring on all the food!

Symptoms: I’m feeling pretty good with the exception of some aches and pains but I expect those so I’m ok with them… though I will be glad when they are gone!

Labor Signs: Nope!

 Belly Button in or out: It’s still in… but only in the morning, by the evening it’s pretty much out so my guess is that in a few weeks it’ll be all the way out all the time.

Wedding rings on or off: Same – band on, engagement ring off.

Best moment this week: Hearing her heartbeat at the doctor (last week) and her moving more and more. I’ve also started putting my ipod on my belly and playing her music. So far she’s a country girl like her Mama!

Looking forward to: I’m really looking forward to sharing her movement with Steve. And we’re going to sit down and really think about what we want to register for so it’s like shopping without spending any money so that should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment