Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 25



How Far Along: 25 weeks. I’m almost out of the 2nd trimester. 3 more weeks which I’m sure is going to go by really fast.

Size of baby: According to my what to expect app… she’s the size of an eggplant, just like last week, but this week she’ll be measuring at 9.2 inches and about 2lbs. So a little bit of a bigger eggplant this week!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I actually haven’t weighed myself in like a week, so I’m guessing still about the same 20lbs. Maybe more because today I actually feel bigger than I did yesterday. Either way, I still look small according to most people which makes me feel so good and that’s basically what I’m going on at this point. I look good and feel good so I must be doing something right.

Maternity Clothes: Yes and no. Some things pre-pregnancy don’t fit while others do. It’s hit or miss so I just try not to get my hopes too high if I’m trying to wear something pre-pregnancy these days.

 Gender: BABY GIRL!!

Movement: More and more. Steve’s been feeling her at night while we’re cuddling, but she’s not as active during the day if I’m being really active. If I’m being pretty still then she’s more active. I can “see” her move though which is pretty cool and the other night we were lying in bed and I’m pretty sure her head was trying to escape my belly cause it was sticking up a bit on the one side and it felt like she was punching me haha.

Sleep: I can and I do but it isn’t all that comfortable or consistent. I’m up a couple times at night and sometimes it’s hard to get back to sleep but other times I don’t have trouble. It just depends on the day I guess.

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, not having to pee every 30 minutes, being comfortable all the time, being able to get up off the floor with ease. I wouldn’t trade this experience for the world, but I will be glad when I can do things like a normal person again.

 Cravings: Lots of fruit, still have that sweet tooth but it’s not quite as bad. Really though I’m just hungry a lot so I eat often because if I eat a big meal then I actually feel uncomfortable so I try to just eat little things all day long to keep me feeling full all day.

Aversions: Nothing. Bring on the food!

Symptoms: Nothing. I’m doing really well and enjoying this more and more at this point.

Labor Signs: None!

Belly Button in or out: It’s basically out at this point. I woke up today and it was already out where before it was only really out at the end of the day.

Wedding rings on or off: Band on unless it’s super hot then I don’t wear it in case I have some swelling. Engagement ring has been off for weeks now.

Best moment this week: Um, I don’t know really. Nothing super exciting has happened, but I did get out o the house a little more this weekend so that’s always nice.

Looking forward to: Mom and I are going browsing for furniture this weekend and I’m pretty excited for that. I really want to get this nursery underway so I’m hoping we can get a move on with that here very, very soon!!



I'm feeling very much like I'm smuggling a basketball these days. And looking that way too!

Buddy hasn't wanted to be in any photos lately, but he jumped up on me and I couldn't resist this little bit of belly and mostly cute puppy shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment