Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 30


 How Far Along: 30 weeks. THIRTY. I don’t even know how it is possible that I only have 10 weeks left.

Size of baby: She’s the size of a head of lettuce! Measuring at about 18inches and weighing in at about 3.2 pounds.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have no idea. I haven’t been on the scale since I was at the doctor last and that was about 2 weeks ago and I was up 25 lbs at that point. The doctor tells me I am growing/measuring perfectly so those are the things I focus on at this point. That and everyone says I’m so tiny which makes me feel good!

Maternity Clothes: Yes and no. I can still fit in to non-maternity pants with my band and shirts as long as they’re long enough. I’m also trying to be more conscious to wear shirts that are a little baggier so they don’t get all stretched out so that they will look funny on my post-baby body. I do have a number of maternity clothes that make more regular appearances in my wardrobe.

Gender: BABY GIRL!! Movement: Oh yeah. She’s a mover and a shaker for sure. The other night when I was trying to fall asleep she was moving all over the place and it made me seriously wish I could just peak in there to see what was going on.



Sleep: Same story, different week. I wake to pee a couple times and it’s hard to get comfortable. Basically I’m ready for there to be a baby here since I’m up and down all night anyway but at least then maybe I could give my poor hips a break since they are so, so sore.

What I miss: I miss being able to get up off the floor gracefully. That’s definitely a thing of the past now.

Cravings: I have a super sweet tooth but I still love my fruit so maybe they balance each other out (they probably don’t though). I don’t really crave anything too crazy though, but when I have to have something I have to have it.

Aversions: Nothing, we’re all good in the food neighborhood these days Symptoms: Heartburn, achy body, waking to pee, uncomfortable sleep, trouble getting up off the floor, a touch of some restless leg syndrome, and my sciatic nerve is all kinds of enjoying being a pain in the rear

Labor Signs: Nothing yet… some Braxton hicks contractions, but nothing that should leave me (or anyone else) concerned.

Belly Button in or out: Totally out.

Wedding rings on or off: wedding band is on still but my engagement ring has been off for weeks.

Best moment this week: I’m not sure really. Steve hurt his back a bit so he hasn’t been able to carry up her furniture, which is fine because I don’t need him seriously hurting himself this close to her arrival and with so much left to do. It is nice to have all the touch-ups to the paint done and knowing that we’ll have her furniture in there soon.

Looking forward to: Putting together her furniture and emptying out her closet since I just shoved everything in there to clear the room for the painting. Also doing her laundry, which I’m sure will wear off after she gets here because I really hate to do laundry but her little clothes are just so stinkin’ cute!

3 comments:

  1. You look so cute!!!! Look at that, all belly! I can't believe you're already 30 weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait... you can still fit in regular pants with the band at 30 weeks? Officially hate your guts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen! I am very much all belly and I think that's why I can still fit in to my regular pants. Not all of them, but I do have a couple that still fit pretty comfortably :P

    ReplyDelete